Arctic research in my life

- is much funnier wearing orange vinyl trousers

September 7, 2011

Boom! To be thrown into a semester in the speed of light

This monday I started a new cours, "global change biology". A very nice course that adressing plant physiology and how plants adapt to different environments. We´re talking about climate change, carbon dioxid exchange between plants and the atmosphere, nitrogen- and phosphorus requirements, different types och photosynthesis and a lot more. It's an advanced cours for master students (which is good since I have all the undergraduate credits that I need) who had a bachelor degree in biology or environmental science with biology approach. Every thing is great except for a small detail: I do not meet the entry requerments for the cours because I have not read any biology. This means that all the teachers believe that everybody are following all the time... BUT NO! hehe.. well... What i'm doing now is that I'm reading alot all the time and i'm trying to keep up with the rest of the group. Since I don't know any plant physiology, it's sometimes realy hard to understand.. but anyway, the course is really good and so far I'm following!


So, in two days my life changed very much, from having a three months long holliday to this I-have-to-study-all-the-time-life. 


And do you know what? I like it! =)


This week I'll start writing a short text about how plants adapt to the arctic/high alpine areas. Very interesting and fun!





Even though I'm studying alot there is still time for having fun! I bike and I climb as much as I can. =) 




No comments:

Post a Comment