Arctic research in my life

- is much funnier wearing orange vinyl trousers

August 28, 2013

Disko, I'm back, Dancing with ya!

Everything seems a little bit nicer on Disko this time. People in the village are happier and the atmosphere is more relaxed, especially at the station. Right now we are only four persons at the station, and I know all of them. Instead of sleeping in boxes (yes, we did that last time I was here) we now sleep in real rooms, with two beds in each. It is very nice. everything is quiet and, yes, things are just better. I arrived a few hour earlier than planned. Very nice, except that no one came to pick me up on the pier, so I had to walk to the station with a LOT of luggage. No worries though, I have just been sitting still the last couple of days, so the walk was actually quite nice! At the station I met Frannie, who had lunch at that time. I had a cup of coffee and then I installed my self in my room. 

My plan is to measure BVOC on the dry site tomorrow. The weather forecast predict nice weather, lets hope for that! 

It is rather cold, so I should have had a cap on..
but, anyway the Icelandic shirt and long-johns are on!
The weird cemetary in Aasiaat
It was a bumpy trip from Aasiaat to Disko...
But fast. instead of three hour, it was only 1 h and 45 min. 
Someone want to have a green banana?!
The more organized, still weird, and smelly, cemetary in Quequertarsuaq, Disko Island.
Rest with a nice view!


No comments:

Post a Comment