Arctic research in my life

- is much funnier wearing orange vinyl trousers

June 5, 2013

Greenland in a few days

On Monday (10 of June) I'm going to Disko Island, W Greenland. I'm looking forward to go there, I've heard that it is an amazing site and I really longing for wild nature and icebergs (see this!). I've also heard from one source that it is more mosquitoes than any other place and from another that it is to windy for mosquitoes.. We'll see! =) Our equipment has been shipped to Disko, so I don't have to carry the instruments, however I'm taking some batteries and absorbing tubes with me (10 kg!), so I guess my backpack is going to be really heavy. I'll have internet access on the station (I think) so I hope I will be able to publish some posts (and pictures) on the blog and also keep in touch with family and friends. 

No comments:

Post a Comment