Arctic research in my life

- is much funnier wearing orange vinyl trousers

May 25, 2013

The insignificant statistics

Wow, the time is running to fast.. In just 15 days, I'm on my way to greenland. I'm a bit nervous about the instruments we have packed. Questions like if all connections are there and if everything works has risen, and I don't know the answers... I just hope that everything is as it should be and that it will work when we arrive... whoa... In present time, I'm studying for the upcoming exam in june. We are also writing a report about the data we collected in lilla bögeskoven some weeks ago... I think it will work out fine, but the results are not as clear as we had hoped, as always it is insignificant.. That's something that really annoys me, a limit of 0.05 that should be considered, otherwise it is not significant.. I wonder how many true things in nature we have ignored just because the p-value was 0.06... Hmm, anyway about the project, it's good practice to learn the software SAS, which I have not used before, and also to look at the data which actually covers a big part of the course.



No comments:

Post a Comment