Arctic research in my life

- is much funnier wearing orange vinyl trousers

May 25, 2013

Climate debate in DK

If you can read danish, have a look here! An interesting article about climate scepticism in politics, but also read this. I think the important part that is not straight forward is that there is a lacking debate in society today. And science is somewhat screwed. Everybody knows that it is so much easier to get money if you do research on climate change rather than trying to prove the opposite, which is of course not okey, that is what science is about; to prove something or the opposite! However, since I do believe in the anthropogenic impact and responsibility of the changing climate I can not other than support the that side of the story. I love seeing those articles in public, it's obvious that people are sceptic and that's good to know. In my world we take it for granted that people know about climate and that it is obvious that it is human impact that change the climate, and it is really important to relise that that is not the case, not everybody believes in it...

No comments:

Post a Comment