Arctic research in my life

- is much funnier wearing orange vinyl trousers

September 9, 2013

Rainy day that turned out to be very nice

Today I went out to the snowfence. The, so called, dry site. Not very dry recently I must say. Today it seemed like that the weather would be quite okey. However, heavy rain came seconds after that the first measurements started. It continued until one minute before the last measurements were done. So everything, including me, was very wet. No pictures to show, because it was simply to wet. So just when I was done with the fieldwork for today the sun worked its way through the clouds and a blue sky appeared, out of nowhere it seemed. So, I did some meta data collection while my things, my instruments and my self dried a bit. Then, I walk to the station. 

Some few hours later it looked like this:

Wanna play football?!

I wonder where those trees came from, I haven't seen any around...


This is how we want it to be!


No comments:

Post a Comment