Arctic research in my life

- is much funnier wearing orange vinyl trousers

September 12, 2013

I'm done with fieldwork, for this year

Today was my last day in field. I measured BVOC and VOX at the eddy tower site. It was a bit chilly with below zero this morning but efter some hours the temp incresed to atleast 5...  It feels both very nice to be done and at the same time a bit sad. It's so nice to do fieldwork when your life just circles around what you are doing at exactly that moment. It is kind of meditative... Now I have a lot of packing to do. I have two days and I also have to go to the snow fence again to get a soil core for a PhD at Cenperm. So, I'll not be bored. On sunday we are going to Aasiaat, and on monday morning are we flying from there to Copenhagen. I do not look forward to the trip. It is long and will be very heavy with too much luggage... So long!



No comments:

Post a Comment