Arctic research in my life

- is much funnier wearing orange vinyl trousers

July 13, 2012

Course in Jena

Leaving sweden on sunday morning, going to Jena, Germany. It is a short course (6 days) about radiocarbon (=14C) and how to use and measure it.. It seems like the course is generous, very good speakers and lab exercises. This course is necessary for the Greenland project where we will measure the age of carbon consumed by microorganisms during incubation of permafrost soil. This will be very interesting and contribute to further knowledge about how the arctic environment will respond to a global warming. I'm really looking forward to Greenland and also this course in Jena, it will be very useful. I'll take some photos and write something about the course when home again. 

Earlier in june I participated on a course in Denmark, it was very interesting and I learned a lot. A very ambitious assignment had to be done and approved after the course, and I'm very happy that I passed! 

I'm thinking about applying for at PhD in Trondheim, Norway. It's in ecology and ecophysiology, and it seems very interesting. Last date for applying is 15 of aug. 

Thats all from now

No comments:

Post a Comment